NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE, WHERE YOU LIVE, OR HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE...
Nov. 6, 2012 will be the most important presidential election in your lifetime. It has been my opinion that the current administration is one of the most incompetent and deliberately deceptive administrations in the recent history. President Obama is a very articulate speaker and takes one the persona of a very deliberate, t
thoughtful and knowledgeable executive that has simply had the bad luck of following a very incompetent president (George W Bush) who created all the issues and problems.
In looking at this administration and their lack of any substantive accomplishments, it is amazing, with the help of the press, how well they have played their political cards. Playing your political cards well does not give president, or any other political official, the right to succession. I see three basic issues and problems with this administration which should preclude the president and his entire administration from a second term. It is old baseball, three strikes and you are out theory.
(1) THE DECEPTION OF THIS ADMINISTRATION... started over four years old when Barack Obama began blaming the recession and fiscal mess that we are in on his predecessor, George W. Bush. I blame the Republicans for not being more forthright and standing up to those accusations with the facts. The plain and simple truth is that this recession is a product of Democratic legislative initiatives. In that regard, Please note;
(1) The day the Democrats took over was not Jan. 22, 2009; it was actually Jan. 3, 2007, the day the Democrats took over the House of Reps and the Senate at the very start of the 110th Congress. The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.
(2) For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's fault", think about this: Jan. 3, 2007, the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress:
A. The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77.
B. The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
C. The unemployment rate was 4.6%
D. George Bush's economics policies had set a record of fifty-two (52) straight months of job creation.
(3) Jan. 3, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee. The economic melt down that happened fifteen (15) months later, as you will recall, was in the banking and financial services of our economy. We can give direct thanks to Barney Frank and Chris Dodd for taking us from a 13,000 DOW, A 3.5% GDP, and a 4.6% unemployment to the crisis that we have faced for the last almost four years. dumping $5-6 trillion of toxic loans on the economy from the Fannie Mae and Freddie Max meltdown.
(4) George Bush ask the Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie and Freddie. Bush started asking Congress in 2007, basing his reasoning on the fact that it was financially too risky for the U.S. economy. Barney Frank blocked it and called it "Chicken Little Philosophy" and, as we all know, the sky did fall.
(5) You may be interested to know that the third highest payoff made by Fannie and Freddie was to Barack Obama, who fought against any reform of the policies of Fannie and Freddie.
(6) So when someone tries to blame Bush, remember Jan. 3, 2007, which was the day the Democrats actually took over the financial strings of our economy. President Bush may have been in the bus, but the Democrats were driving. Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress, and the party that controlled Congress since 2007 is the Democratic Party. Furthermore, the Democrats have controlled the budget process for 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
(7) For 2009, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid bypasses George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolution to keep Government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, the passes a massive Omnibus Spending Bill to compete the 2009 budget. At that point in time, Barack Obama was a member of the very Congress that passed all these massive spending Bills, and he signed the Omnibus Bill as President to complete 2009.
(8) Let's remember what the deficits looked like during this period. If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that the Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes then Senator Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.
If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is "I inherited the deficit that I voted for, and I voted to expand that deficit fore-fold." It is amazing to me how very little accountability Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and Barack Obama have had to accept for the fiscal crisis that we are now in. For almost four years, they have gotten away with blaming George W. Bush, who frankly had far less to do with the banking and financial services meltdown in the second half of 2008, than most people realize. President Bush was not perfect by any means, he did not start to get tough on spending until 2007 which was late in the game, but blaming him for the fiscal mess that we are in is the epitome of hubris on the part of Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. (Amazingly, neither Barney Frank nor Chris Dodd have been to vocal about who is to blame)
(2) While convincing the nation, with the help of the press, that Democrats (including Obama) have nothing to do with the financial mess the country was in, after four years we are no better off economically and fiscally than we were when Obama took office. I compared commodity prices, employment statistics, ect. from Jam 2009 through the beginning quarter of 2012. The negative changes have been dramatic. In light of all of this, it appears that almost half the voting population (if you believe the Polls) are willing to return to office what, by all social and economic reference points, is a miserably failed president. The FEDS like to tell us that inflation is in check, but the components of that computation are complex and not necessarily applicable to the avg. American. If you have any question about whether your dollar is buying less and whether or nit there is inflation, fill up your car with gas, go to the grocery store and shop for your family, buy clothes or try to make any capital purchase. Add to that the fact that we are in deep recession going on four years without a single successful program coming out of Washington and I think that we should take President Obama at his word: "if I haven't fixed the economy in three years, I don't deserve a second term". Simply stated, President Obama and his administration have failed to enact fiscal, tax, and social initiatives that would have and should have turned this economy this economy around much sooner. Statistically we may not be in a recession, but the recovery and the lack of any substantial GDP growth (continues to decline this year) tells me we are still in the recession, and based upon the lack of effective initiatives and leadership, another four years of Barack Obama will be just as ineffective as the first four years. As a country, we may be able to hold our nose and wait out the four years were it not for the trillions plus dollar per year additional debt that he has inflicted us with, No leadership, no economic recovery...
(3) SOMEHOW OBAMA SEEMS TO GET A PASS... on the way that he has handled international relationships around the world. Some say this is a strong point of his administration, but i think he has been extremely weak and our image and power around the world have suffered accordingly.
There is no question about the fact that President Obama has lost control of the Middle East. After Islamist militants
raided the U.S. Consulate building in Benghazi, Libya, months ago, killing American Ambassador Chris Stevens and three of his staffers, White House officials repeatedly insisted that the attack was just a "spontaneous" protest against a "wacky anti-Islam video made in America." This could not be more incorrect and, as a matter of fact, the administration started to move away from that statement as more details and information began to come forth. Intelligence officials have since revealed that the attack was planned to coincide with the anniversary of 9/11 and was likely the work of al Qaida. Over the past months, anti- American factions also staged riots and assaults on embassies and U.S. businesses in Tunisia, Egypt, and Pakistan. "We area paying the price for American weakness." The weakness began with Obama's "Cairo Doctrine", said Charles Krauthammer in a recent edition of Washington Post.
In 2009, our worldly new President went to Egypt with his hat in hand, telling rapt listeners that America had lost its way after 9/11, and was offering Muslims "a new beginning". We now see a foreign policy in epic collapse.
For our President to take the position that this was a simple spontaneous shows a complete lack of understanding about the issues and problems from our enemies around the world that we have faced for many years. As a matter of fact, we have had continual uprisings by Muslim groups in our own lifetimes.
The uprising were just another example that a well orchestrated attack on American interests is in the reach of Muslims around the world. We need to do whatever is necessary to protect our embassies and our citizens, knowing that our enemies are real and they are motivated. We cannot simply sit back and blame these horrible events on a YouTube video; these events are the product of a terribly failed foreign policy by this president and his administration. As Obama will come to realize, if he has not already, a weak America results in a world in political and social turmoil. STRIKE THREE!
The three issues raised by no means is the sum total of my disgust and disappointment in the current administration. Besides making good speeches with the help of a teleprompter, I am having a difficult time making a care for anything that President Obama and this administration have done well. I do not accept the fact that actions taken by this administration and the FEDS saved the country from a "depression-like" economic collapse. There is also obvious economic proof that the Stimulus Bill did not stimulate the economy. It has been one screw-up after another. I frankly cannot understand the apparent support of between 45% and 50% of the voting population for Barack Obama. Almost 25 million people are out of work and hurting. Economically, we are going over the cliff. We cannot sustain the debt that we are creating, and what we are passing on to me and my generation and kids down the road. in the words of Mitt Romney "immoral". Vote for Obama... you must be kidding.